Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lego

Ok, I'm a lego fan. Of course, I had lego sets as a kid (late 80s/early 90s), but recently, since fall 2012 or so, I've really gotten back into them. I've spent a lot more time in the Transformers fandom (see my older blog, Basement Invasion), collecting them as an adult since 2003, but for the past year or so I've vacillated between which was the better toy franchise. I've always enjoyed the construction aspect of lego sets, just as I enjoy transforming transformers, but one thing I love about Lego, especially in more recent years, is the universality of it. There're whole worlds, both lego-original and licensed, that you can collect that all share the same physical mechanisms (honestly, the only thing that's really holding Lego back in this regard is their stubborn insistence to keep their non-licensed minifigures, at least the "white" ones, yellow, so that they don't quite mesh with the more natural-looking minifigures from Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, and so on). That's a very strong feature.

Anyway, this blog will largely serve to host relatively short reviews of various Lego sets. I'm not a died-in-the-wool AFOL, so you won't be seeing any Sea Cow or Sandcrawler reviews here in the coming months, but more mid-range to smaller sets that more typical people can afford. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment